Be An Earth Advocate!Kong Management
Earth Day takes place every year on April 22, but you can be an advocate of our planet every day! Whether you live at The Village of Zephyrhills, a mobile home community designed for seniors and veterans (55+), or somewhere else, there are easy ways that you can help conserve natural resources and make a difference for our planet, beginning at home.
The first step is to learn what you can do to reduce your carbon footprint and reading this blog will help you do that! The next step is to take action. Here are some of our suggestions to help you create an eco-friendlier lifestyle:
- SAVE ENERGY. When you conserve energy, you are helping to save precious natural resources and reduce pollution. That’s why one- and two-bedroom mobile homes at The Village of Zephyrhills feature LED lights and other efficiency measures! Some other little changes that will make a big difference include turning off your electronics, turning off the lights when you are not in the room, unplugging items when they are not in use, or switching to energy-efficient appliances.
- REDUCE FOOD WASTE. Research indicates that 40% of all food in America is wasted, but you can help change that statistic. By shopping smart for your food and planning to use what you purchase, you can help reduce food waste. Make sure to eat your leftovers!
- RECYCLE WHAT YOU CAN. With a simple bin system at your home, it’s easy to get in the habit of sorting your recyclable paper, plastic, aluminum, and glass. Not only does recycling save these materials from the landfill, but it allows them to be repurposed and reused! At The Village of Zephyrhills, we also encourage all residents to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- PICK UP TRASH. An easy way to care for the environment is to clean up litter in your neighborhood. Consider keeping gloves, trash bags, and even a trash picker on hand to keep you safe while you keep nature beautiful! Then make sure to throw out any trash you pick up into a designated trash receptacle, which you can find throughout The Village of Zephyrhills!
- USE WATER WISELY. One of the easiest ways to save water is by simply turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth or doing the dishes. Also consider taking shorter showers, using a low-flush toilet, and running larger loads of clothes or dishes in your appliances. Also, check your home for any plumbing leaks – and contact The Village of Zephyrhills’ maintenance team if you find any!
- HEAD OUTDOORS. Celebrate Earth Day by spending time outside, so you can experience the beauty of Mother Nature firsthand. Take a walk, bike ride, or even a hike. Whatever outdoor activity you choose, try to appreciate the day!
- GET GARDENING. One of the best ways to commemorate Earth Day is by getting your hands dirty! Plant a tree, flowers, vegetables, herbs, or other greenery in your yard or community garden. By planting, you can help support fresher soil, cleaner air, and a more beautiful planet.
- SPREAD THE WORD. Share the tips in this blog or facts about Earth Day with your friends and family. The more people who are actively reducing, reusing, recycling, the more change we can make and the better off our world will be!
We say that The Village of Zephyrhills is where you can “live your way,” but we all will live better when we take care of our planet! We hope that this blog inspires you to take steps every day to reduce your carbon footprint.
The Village of Zephyrhills was developed with a mission to provide veteran-friendly and affordable housing for seniors and to create a safe, secure community for all of our residents to enjoy. Section 8 and VASH vouchers are accepted. We welcome you to be part of our community.
If you have any questions about what we’re doing at The Village of Zephyrhills is doing to reduce, reuse, and recycle, we’d love to hear from you. Check out our website, and contact us at 866-499-9026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.