Are You Ready for Spring Cleaning?Kong Management
Spring is here, bringing blooming flowers and lots of pollen with it! This is the perfect time to dust off the winter, by cleaning, organizing, and freshening your home. In fact, a thorough cleaning not only makes your home sparkle, but it can benefit your health and well-being – especially during allergy season! Here are our four favorite reasons to get into the “spring cleaning mood”:
- You’ll be more productive!
Studies have actually proven that disorganized and cluttered spaces make it harder for the people in them to concentrate. We recommend that you organize one room at a time, cleaning as you go, so you don’t get too overwhelmed. Once your home is tidy, it’s also easier to follow daily routines to maintain it!
- You can breathe easier!
Deep cleaning your home doesn’t just remove dirt and grime, it also can help reduce allergens, specifically dust and mold! As you clean, pay special attention to areas with high moisture, such as kitchens and bathrooms. Also, using your air conditioning can help filter pollen from the air and help reduce your allergy symptoms. Just make sure to regularly change your air filters – or ask property maintenance to change them for you!
- You’ll be happier!
We can all agree that no one looks forward to cleaning, but we love how completing the job makes you feel! Experts say that the process of cleaning can actually increase your energy levels and leave you feeling happier! There’s a lot of satisfaction in a job well done, especially when the end result is a clean and organized house!
- You’ll reduce your stress!
The link between a cluttered home and stress is real! A messy home can make you feel anxious, irritable, and even ashamed – and all these feelings contribute to stress! Cleaning can help make your environment more soothing – ridding you of a stressor! Some might even say that spring cleaning could be therapeutic!
Those are just some of the reasons that spring cleaning is so important! When your home is clean, organized, and maintained, you can really “Live Your Way!” That’s our motto at The Village of Zephyrhills, mobile home community designed for seniors and veterans (55+)! Here’s a basic cleaning list to help you get ready to live your best life this spring:
- Open the windows (and turn on any exhaust fans) before you start cleaning.
- Clean your floors, making sure to vacuum carpet and mop solid surfaces.
- Remove clutter from your home and donate any unwanted items (that are in good condition).
- Clean the sinks in the bathrooms and kitchen, making sure to check for any clogs.
- Scrub the bathtub, shower, and toilet bowl.
- Clean all kitchen appliances, including the microwave, oven/stove top, and dishwasher.
- Wash all upholstery.
- Wipe down door frames, window frames, and baseboards.
- Clean sliding door tracks, ceiling fans, top of the cabinets, under furniture, and light fixtures.
- Check your fire alarms, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide detectors, the venting for holes and loose connections, and air filters.
If you are a resident of The Village of Zephyrhills and need help, please be sure to contact the on-site property manager. Each spring, our property management team completes an annual inspection, assessing every area of the property and making sure it’s well-maintained for you. Your health and safety are our number one priority!
All of the units at The Village of Zephyrhills feature open living areas, functional kitchens, storage space, and lots of windows to enjoy the springtime weather! For more information about the availabilities at The Village of Zephyrhills or to schedule a property tour, contact us at (866) 499-9026 or email@example.com.